The Nucleo Project is based in North Kensington, and has been running in its current home (at the Dalgarno Trust community centre) since September 2015. Our local community is richly diverse, and we are very proud to see this reflected in our orchestras.
At the start of the 2017/2018 school year:
- 291 children are enrolled in the programme
- 65 different schools are attended
- 39 different languages are spoken by our students at home
- 84% of Nucleo students live locally, in W9, W10, W11 and W12
- 51% of Nucleo students live in areas in the lowest 10% nationally on the Income Deprivation Affecting Children Index (and 73% in areas in the lowest 20%)
The Nucleo Project is a ‘music for social action’ programme in North Kensington, London, that uses the pursuit of musical excellence as a way to enrich the lives of children and young people who, in turn, enrich the life of our community.