Everything you need to know
Our volunteers come from a wide range of backgrounds and they are selected for their qualities of responsibility, enthusiasm, belief in the limitless potential of all young people and the power of music and community to transform lives.
In addition to finding it a very rewarding experience and gaining the benefit of learning some new skills, many use their experience of volunteering with us to help develop their own careers.
Our volunteers recognise the importance of reliability, good communication and teamwork.
What is the role?
Our volunteers work closely with the Site Coordinator to create a safe and welcoming environment for the children and young people of The Nucleo Project, to model and enforce standards of behaviour and to support the teaching staff in effectively delivering high quality and engaging music-making sessions.
Have you got what it takes?
- Could you give two afternoons of your time a week (from 4pm)
- Are you good with children?
- Are you reliable?
- Are you confident being in a position of responsibility?
What does The Nucleo Project volunteer programme offer?
- Induction training
- Daily supervision and support
- The chance to learn new skills
- References provided after 6 months’ commitment
What time commitment does The Nucleo Project ask of volunteers?
- Before being offered a placement volunteers are all required to attend an interview and complete an induction session.
- Volunteers will need to commit to a minimum of two sessions a week, but the length of these sessions is flexible.
What is the recruitment process?
- Prospective volunteers can contact Sophie Drysdale sophie@
thenucleoproject.org to express interest, and receive a registration form to be returned by email
- Interviews will take place at our offices, lasting approximately 1hr
- The Nucleo Project requires all volunteer applicants to complete an enhanced DBS application
- Successful applicants will be invited to attend an induction session.
The Nucleo Project is a ‘music for social action’ programme in W10, London, that uses the pursuit of musical excellence as a way to enrich the lives of children and young people who, in turn, enrich the life of our community.
Sign up here to receive news about events, volunteering and fundraising opportunities: